Kindly leave a comment and share
Chuks Udo Okonta
The best time to show the essence of insurance is when people are faced with challenges. Therefore, this is the time people should be giving the opportunity to feel insurance.
People will definitely appreciate donation of insurance covers which would help them to secure their lives and properties and this is when Insurfeel Initiative should be embraced.
As people are struggling with economic maladies, the act of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) needs to be activated by privileged organisations, groups, associations and individuals to help sooth their pains.
Insurfeel Initiative remains one of the means to assist mankind stay above risk, whilst at the same time, growing insurance industry.
The uninsured population should be supported not only with cash, but insurance covers to protect their lives and properties.
Over the years, insurance has remained the cheapest means of helping people mitigate risks, as it is cheaper to donate insurance cover than donate money when risks occur.
Insurance covers should be as souvenir pack in execution of Corporate Social Responsibility by individuals and organisations.
The donation of insurance covers as souvenir, remains one of the best means to fight poverty, as donating a fire cover which cost just N5,000, would have saved loved ones from mishaps such as the fire inferno at Mandilas Mall and other markets.
The donation of Uni-personal accident insurance covers to people especially motorists, who have just third party motor insurance policy, stating that driving with just third party leaves motorists at risk when an accident occurs, as the cover only secure the third party, while the driver is uncovered.
Part of the amount spent by insurance practitioners on souvenir which are products from other sectors, should be deployed in donating insurance covers as souvenir, which would not only help fight poverty, but increase insurance gross premium.
The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and the different arms of the insurance industry should support Insurfeel Initiative, especially the ongoing campaign of donating one million insurance covers to the uninsured.
Insurfeel Initiative is presently in talks with some Universities on donating School Fees Protection Cover to deserving Students.
Feedbacks from beneficiaries of the Initiative have revealed that people would buy insurance when properly educated.
Things to know about Insurfeel Initiative
*Insurfeel is an initiative that enables the uninformed and uninsured to experience impacts of insurance by receiving insurance policies for free through donations by individuals; groups; associations; organisations and government.
* Insurfeel Initiative entails donation of insurance policies to the uninsured, uninformed and evolved from a research conducted which showed that people who have had positive experience on how insurance works seem to believe and easily embraced the system.
This research therefore, necessitates the need to extend insurance experience through donation of policies to more people so as to deepen insurance penetration, provide safety; fight poverty and enhance insurance industry’s profitability.
* Insurfeel is targeted towards specific individuals, such as; students in secondary schools, teachers and people with distinct impact on lives and the society. They are selected due to their outstanding performance and contributions to human growth.
* Insurfeel initiative is opened to people committed to philanthropy. Through Insurfeel, organisations can by means of Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) donate insurance policies as souvenir and gifts to deserving members of the public.
* Insurfeel Initiative provides a platform for insurance companies to donate their products as against the present trend where products from other sectors are donated to the public.
This will grow the industry’s premium whilst helping humanity.
* Insurfeel Initiative was developed by the Publisher of Inspenonline, Chuks Udo Okonta.