As the Corona Virus ravages many countries and is also wreaking havoc in Nigeria, it is important that as an organisation, Royal Exchange Plc is at the forefront of implementing policies and actions that guarantees the health and safety of all our employees nationwide and our numerous clients how patronize our various insurance and other financial products and services.
To this end and until the COVID-19 epidemic subsidies in the country, I have directed the following actions be immediately implemented as part of our second Phase in our strategy to combat COVID-19 ensure our business continuity and in adherence to health and safety protocols instituted by the National Centre for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the Lagos State Government. They are as follows:
• All Offices of Royal Exchange Plc and her Subsidiaries in Lagos, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja will be closed from Tuesday, 31st March, 2020 for 14 days in line with the Federal Government directive. This will also affect other branches where COVID-19 is present.
• All our staff will be working from home and other remote locations for business continuity and offer services to our various clients nationwide. This way, they will be able to respond to emails and calls as they come in from clients/colleagues requesting for information/business enquiries.
• Staff in our financial subsidiaries, Royal Exchange Microfinance Bank and Royal Exchange Finance Company will continue to offer skeletal services where applicableand ensure adherence to all health and safety protocols already in place in the company.
• Implementation of our Internal Crisis Management Strategy, headed by our in-house HMO MD, Dr. Emenike Onwutalu.
Our Phase 1 Strategy included the following:
• Provision of Temperature Monitors at all offices nationwide.
• Provision of Hand Sanitizers for all offices.
• Periodic disinfecting of door handles, office areas and conveniences.
• All physical contact is strictly prohibited
• All company-related travel is suspended till further notice.
• All internal meetings are cancelled with immediate effect. Every meeting must be virtual.
• Royal Exchange personnel are not permitted to attend external meetings. Any such meeting must be virtual so as to minimize contact with external parties.
• All visits by clients/external people to our Head Office and Other Locations is suspended immediately.
• All official events/functions are suspended until further notice.
• All Royal Exchange personnel must strictly observe the social distancing rule of a minimum of 1 meter in our sitting arrangements and in relating with one another in the office.
We hereby inform all our clients that Royal Exchange and her subsidiaries will be offering services via all our e-channels – Website, Live Chat, Emails and Telephone Calls – to consummate business transactions.
We urge all stakeholders not to panic but rather should be alert and take their personal safety seriously by observing all necessary personal hygiene tips and will continue to update these guidelines as events unfold and we receive directives from the State and Federal Governments. Please keep safe and keep healthy.
The Management of Royal Exchange Plc will continue to keep all our stakeholders abreast of developments as they occur, as the health and safety of every one of us is our primary concern.
Be Safe, Stay Safe.